Posted June. 03, 2014 05:15,
Updated January. 01, 1970 09:00
As for the reinvestigation of North Koreas abduction of Japanese citizens, Japans Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga who is the governments top spokesperson said on Monday, If necessary, the government will of course accept it (meaning North Korean officials visit to Japan). As the North is also positive about visiting Japan, North Koreans are likely to enter Japan for the first time since July 2006 when Tokyo banned North Korean officials from entering Japan in the wake of the Norths missile launches.
To the question over North Korean officials visit to Japan, Secretary Suga said on a regular press conference on Monday morning, I dont know about it but if it is necessary for the re-investigation of the abduction issue and specially designated missing persons, the government will accept it.
When asked Do you have any intention to visit Japan?, Song Il Ho, North Koreas ambassador responsible for bringing the bilateral relationship between North Korea and Japan back to normal, said at Beijing Capital International Airport, We have never rejected Japans offer so far. This means North Korean officials might go to Japan upon the request of the Japanese government.
Kyodo News said on Monday, As the special investigation committee probing Japanese abductees is slated to be set up in the mid-June, the Japanese government expects that North Korean officials visit (to Japan) could happen in June.
To Japan`s claim that the North Korean ferry Mangyongbong will continue to be banned to enter into Japanese ports, Song said, Since it is an international ship on a humanitarian mission, we will discuss it with Japan afterwards.